The significance of a design is invaluable, especially in the mobile application space. An enticing mobile app design amazingly adds to an app's credibility. If an app design is not intuitive and interesting, most likely, it won't be able to attract potential users and keep them engaged for longer. Therefore, it can be said that an app, which maintains an equilibrium between the superior capabilities and captivating visual appearance ensures its sustainable success in the wobbly marketplace.
However, there are certain app functionalities that don't lie under a designer's hood, but most of the functions greatly influence an app design and its creative aspects. Thus, to ensure a flawless and consummate app design, it is imperative to consider a few critical facets associated with mobile app development.
This article will distill a list of certain essential aspects of mobile app designing. By keeping these tips in mind while designing your app, you can deliver a remarkable mobile app in the market. Let's ponder into them.
1. Streamline Your App Goals and Target Audience
If the ultimate objectives of an app are well understood by a mobile application development services and one is aware of the target audience base, an optimal app design can be created efficiently. For this reason, it is advisable to concisely brief the core functionalities of your app and potential mobile audiences beforehand.
2. Ensure Navigation Ease
If your users can access the superior functions of your app with a breeze, they will definitely love using it. There are certain design principles that can help you create a resourceful and utile mobile app design. Here are a few of them.
- Call To Action (CTA) must be displayed at center and front: Instead of including the key functionalities of your app in the menu, it is better to showcase them on the home page at the center and front. Moreover, to make sure that CTA has been placed in an ideal place, you must think from your user's perspective.
- Use app logo for conveniently navigating to the home page: One must ensure that their users can seamlessly navigate to the main page of an app. Since, analytics have determined that most of the users refer to an app logo for returning to the main page, you can use the app logo as a navigation button.
- Don't forget the back button: There is a great significance of back button in mobile solutions. Especially, when there is no physical back button available on the targeted device.
- Keep the Thumb Rule in mind: The thumb rule for navigating content via a mobile device has been derived from the common user behavior. It has been observed that the most of the users use their thumb to access their mobiles while handling it with one hand. Therefore, it is advisable to place all the essential navigation tabs on the bottom, instead of keeping them at the top of the devices.
- Integrate user-friendly icons: Trying something new is good, however, in this particular case, it can yield drastic results. Surprising users by implementing unique and new icons can annoy them. And, you obviously don't want this. Thus, it is better to include the common icons in your design. For instance,
— a triangle- to play a file
— X- Close a file, and so forth.
3. Thoroughly Research The Market
The mobile and web design trends keep fluctuating with the advancement in technologies. Therefore, identifying the ongoing market trends can help design a surefire application. Here is a list of things that you can research about.
Seek other existing solutions: Not only the competitive solutions, but you must look for all the existing solutions available in the market. This includes desktop apps, web apps, etc. This can be done by searching with all possible keywords.
Reveal technical limitations: This may not interest you, but surprisingly, there are several technical feasibilities that can impact design. Thus, it is recommended to stay updated and participate in the discussions regarding technical implementations.
Seek what functionalities can be added in the future: You might observe while researching the market trends that there are certain superior features, which are included in your mobile solution. If it is so, there is nothing to worry about, you can always plan for future functionalities that can be offered in the future versions.
Here, it is imperative to maintain an equilibrium between modularity and creativity. Thus, you can always improve your designs by integrating the latest trends and peeling off the outdated features. Therefore, ensure a design that can be conveniently tinkered as and when desired.
4. Don't Forget The Search Box
Whether you are providing iPhone or Android application development services, do not forget that the prime goal of your app is to provide the requisite information to the potential users with as much ease as possible. Therefore, it is essential to ensure that users who are looking for some specific info via your app must be able to easily locate it. For this reason, you must incorporate an easily readable text search box in your app.
5. Scrutinize Form Entry (If it is there in your app)
If your application possesses a form either for registration or any other purpose, there are certain factors that must be considered. Let's explore them.
Streamline the entry method: If digits are required, then offer a number pad, and otherwise offer alphabet pad. Furthermore, the input method must be the simplest one. For instance, drop down menu or toggle facilitates great ease while filling mobile forms.
Use real-time validations to minimize form errors: You can highlight the field in the form that are mandatory. And, to notify them about any error before submitting the form, you can validate the form in real time.
Offer calendar to fetch a date from users: A date can be entered in different formats (like DD/MM/YYYY or MM/DD/YYYY). By allowing users to enter a date via an intuitive and clear calendar can improve the app's usability and users can conveniently insert a desired date.
To make your app stand out in the sea of mobile applications, an ideal app design is highly important. With these aforementioned key points, you can efficiently design an effective and impressive mobile app.